LRH is e searching for an Endoscopy Tech to join our Endoscopy Lab team. If you are passionate about healthcare and providing quality care to patients, apply today to learn more about the first step if your career with LRH.
- Performs intermediate patient care skills appropriate for department patient population (assists with admission, discharge and transfers of patients within the GI/ Endoscopy unit, holding and recovery areas).
- Prepares the endoscopic procedure room and also processes endoscopic instruments and equipment in accordance to departmental policy.
- Be able to operate all endoscopic reprocessing equipment per manufacturer.
- Accurately documents all cleaning processes of endoscopes.
- Assists the Endoscopy RN and attending physician as directed in all Endoscopy procedures. Follow specific guidelines for each procedure to be performed as noted in the SOP .
- Takes vital signs and observes patients for changes in condition or behavior, intervenes according to protocol, and promptly reports to the appropriate licensed nursing staff.
- Demonstrates technical knowledge of equipment, systems, and technology necessary to complete assigned duties.
- Participates in the orientation of new staff as assigned, ensuring the exchange of appropriate information necessary for the successful performance of duties and responsibilities
- Demonstrates the appropriate use of infection control principles, handwashing and personal protection equipment.
- Utilizes measures to promote and maintain patient, visitor, and personnel safety as well as adherence to HIPAA standards
· High School or Equivalent
· Completion of PCA training program or experience
· One year of experience in acute care hospital
· Preferable experience in endoscopy setting
Why Lakeland Regional Health?
Medical Insurance and Prescription Plan
Dental and Vision Insurance
Free YMCA membership
Anniversary Appreciation Awards
And so much more!
About Lakeland Regional Health:
Lakeland Regional Health is a large, globally recognized, award winning, integrated healthcare system located in Central Florida. LRH is a not-for-profit facility which provides healthcare to everyone, regardless of status. Our 864-bed main Lakeland campus is one of the largest hospitals in the state of Florida and also operates the busiest single-site Emergency Department in the nation.
As LRH continue to grow, the Women & Children Pavilion recently opened. The Pavilion is an eight story, 170 bed state of the art facility located at our main Lakeland Campus. The Women's and Children's facility offers medical attention that has not been previously offered in Polk County. Lakeland Regional Health is improving lives every day through safe and exceptional care, prevention and wellness, education and discovery.
What is it like to work for Lakeland Regional Health? Our Award Winning Workplace has achieved best workplace awards from Forbes, Becker's, and Gallup (among only 40 organizations world-wide); achieved
Internal Number: 5194
About Lakeland Regional Health
Lakeland Regional Health is committed to providing patient-focused, health care services while continuing to improve the quality of care to our patients, families, guests and physicians.