The Monroe Clinic is a multi-specialty health care center servicing patients from southern Wisconsin and Illinois. The program's primary focus is in Ambulatory Care, with a strong emphasis on teaching. The residency offers diverse rotational experiences, with the resident working alongside physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and pharmacists. The residency's primary goal is to prepare competent, well-rounded clinicians, capable of practicing independently in a clinic setting in collaboration with physicians and the health care team.
Core Learning Experiences:
- Pharmacotherapy Clinic: a pharmacist-managed clinic that cares for patients with many chronic diseases such as hypertension, hyperlipidemia, diabetes, heart failure, anticoagulation, depression, tobacco cessation, etc.
- Medicine: a hospital experience
- Primary Care: focus on chronic disease management, pain management, drug information, pharmacogenomics
- Medication Use
- Community Pharmacy Practice: outpatient medication management
- Pharmacotherapy Lab Teaching at University of Wisconsin School of Pharmacy
- Staffing experience: every third weekend (inpatient staffing)
- Residency research project
- Professional development
- Public Health Outreach Project
Elective Learning Experiences
- Behavioral Health
- Emergency Medicine
- Antibiotic Stewardship
- Adult Medicine/Geriatrics
Residents are also encouraged to participate in a Teaching Certificate Program offered through the University of Wisconsin School of Pharmacy.
About Monroe Clinic - Focus in Ambulatory Care
Monroe Clinic is a not-for-profit single hospital integrated health system, grounded in mission and fueled by innovation.
Serving southern Wisconsin and northern Illinois since 1939, Monroe Clinic has received LEED-Silver Certification for our new hospital that opened its doors in 2012. The 225,000 square-foot facility offers a nature-inspired design conducive to health and healing. With a 58-bed operating capacity, our hospital serves the medical, surgical, orthopaedic, pediatric, intensive care, emergency and obstetrical needs of patients in our region.
BACK TO TOP
ENA Job Center is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else ENA Membership has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at ENA Job Center.