As a PGY-2 Emergency Medicine Resident at Maimonides Medical Center, you will experience many diverse rotations to increase your knowledge and skills in order to master the field of emergency medicine.
1. Pharmacy Orientation
2. Emergency Medicine (Adult/Pediatric/Psychiatric)
3. Medical Critical Care
4. Surgical Critical Care
5. Pediatric Intensive Care
1. Leadership skills through committee involvement
3. Short call/Staffing in the ED pharmacy satellite
1. Doctorate of Pharmacy degree from an ACPE-accredited College of Pharmacy
2. Completion of ASHP-accredited PGY-1 Pharmacy Residency
3. Licensed or eligible for licensure in New York
4. Letter of Intent
5. Curriculum Vitae
6. Three letters of recommendation
About PGY-2 Emergency Medicine Pharmacy Residency Program
Maimonides Medical Center is a thriving, multicultural, tertiary-care academic teaching hospital located in Brooklyn, New York with 705 beds and more than 70 primary care and sub-specialty programs. In August 2016, Maimonides Medical Center was designated as a level 1 trauma center for both adult and pediatric patients. Maimonides Medical Center's Emergency Department is one of the most active in the nation with more than 110,000 visits each year. The diverse patient population and broad array of disease states provide an ideal and dynamic learning opportunity for prospective PGY-2 Emergency Medicine residents.