As a PGY-1 Pharmacy Resident at Maimonides Medical Center, you will experience a wide array of rotations to further develop your knowledge and enhance your clinical skills in the field of pharmacy.
2. Critical Care (Medical)
3. Drug Information/Investigational Drug Use
4. Emergency Medicine
5. Infectious Diseases
6. Internal Medicine
8. Pharmacy Management
9. Pharmacy Orientation
1. Critical Care (Surgical)
2. Medication Safety
4. Transitions of Care
2. Short call/staffing in the ED pharmacy satellite
3. Teaching Certificate (Long Island University)
1. Graduate of an ACPE accredited college of pharmacy
2. Letter of Intent
3. Curriculum Vitae
4. Official Academic Transcript
5. Three Letters of Recommendation (Two from clinical faculty or preceptors)
6. Licensed or eligible for licensure in New York
About Maimonides Medical Center
Maimonides Medical Center is a thriving, multicultural, tertiarycare academic teaching hospital located in Brooklyn, New York with 705 beds and more than 70 primary care and sub-specialty programs. The PGY-1 Pharmacy Residency program is an exciting and challenging program that allows residents to experience a wide array of pharmacy fields, with a particular emphasis on emergency medicine, critical care, and infectious diseases.
With the help of qualified and experienced preceptors, residents will continue to develop their knowledge and skills in order to provide safe and effective pharmacotherapy services.