• Texas Health Alliance is a Baby-friendly and Texas 10-step designated facility.
• 11-bed LDR's
• 4 triage rooms
• 2 OR suites
• Average between 160-170 deliveries per month and increasing.
• 18-bed Postpartum/Newborn, couplet care
• Nurses/candidates for the department are the primary care coordinator of interdisciplinary patient care activities and is responsible for the management of patients throughout their continuum of care at Texas Health Resources.
• Responsible and accountable for high quality patient care through implementation of the nursing process including assessment of patient needs (physical, psychosocial, educational), design of a collaborative plan of care, implementation of the plan with appropriate delegation of tasks, coordination of team effort, and evaluation of patient progress towards outcomes.
• Acts as a patient/family advocate and seeks opportunities to communicate and coordinate patient care activities
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications: • Associate's degree in Nursing (A.D.N.) is required • Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN) is preferred – RN's hired after January 2017 require BSN within 2 years of start date. RN's hired between January 2014 and December 2016 require completion of BSN within 3 years of start date. • One (1) year experience as a clinical nurse (RN) or completion of an RN Residency program required. (Labor & Delivery RN experience from an acute care facility strongly preferred)
• RN – Registered Nurse licensure or compact licensure recognized by the Texas Board of Nursing upon hire
• BCLS – Basic Cardiac Life Support certification through the American Heart Association required upon hire
• ACLS - Advanced Cardiac Life Support within 30 days is required
• NRP - Neonatal Resuscitation Program within 30 days is required
Skills • A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment.
• Good verbal and written communication skills and service excellence skills are also essential attributes for this position.
• Triage, labor, deliver, circulate, recover and monitor patients are preferred skills.
Why Texas Health Resources?
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Alliance is a 98-bed, full-service hospital offering acute care and wellness programs to communities in North Fort Worth, Keller, North Richland Hills, Haslet, Justin and surrounding areas. The hospital provides numerous services, including emergency medicine, general and outpatient surgery – including an outpatient surgery center, women and infant's care – including a level III neonatal intensive care unit, radiology – including a women's imaging center, cardiac rehabilitation and therapy center, business health services, and wellness programs. Texas Health Alliance is a technologically advanced hospital that has earned national recognition for operating at the highest level of electronic medical record adoption.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2018 FORTUNE Magazine's “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (4th year in a row)
• 2018 Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4th year in a row)
• 2018 Employees' Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor