Work Type: As needed. Based on availabilty and the needs of the department. Exempt: No
Work Schedule: Flexible Hours and/or Flexible Schedule Work Hours per Biweekly Pay Period: Per Diem
Shift Time: Flexible, As needed Location: Medical Center, US:FL:Lakeland
Works within the scope of Pharmacy Practice Law under the direct supervision of a registered pharmacist. Provides exceptional health care experiences by accurately following the standard operating procedures (SOP) for all aspects of medication delivery, storage, IV preparation and utilization of all pharmacy automation systems. Within their scope of licensure, the IV Pharmacy Technician communicates with integrity and courtesy through phone or in person with all disciplines reporting patient needs.
Standard Work Duties:
- Utilizing strict aseptic technique, prepares I.V. piggybacks, large volume I.V. fluids, chemotherapy, TPN's and bulk manufacturing of sterile products for delivery by the appropriate due times. - Follows SOP regarding cleaning of IV room surfaces and maintains cleaning and sampling records. Performs scheduled maintenance and cleaning functions to assure proper performance of pharmacy equipment. - Accurately replenishes MedSelect machines. - Places appropriate made/expiration dates on all labels and maintains bulk manufacturing records. Operates all pharmacy automation systems in accordance with the SOP, including but not limited to: Talyst, MedSelect, Cerner, CAPS, QS1, and Fluidose. - Delivers stats, medications and I.V. solutions to assigned nursing units within the time defined by LRH policy. - Performs medication billing/crediting functions, code boxes, prepacking, and refills. - Maintains pharmacy inventories which are free from expired products. - Within scope of practice allowed under Pharmacy Practice Law, answers all questions that arise from LRH employees regarding medication storage, deliver location and MedSelect. Refers questions outside of scope to pharmacist. - Remains current with all LRH mandatory annual education, state registration, and national certification. - Performs all other duties as assigned.
Live Our Promises
- To treasure all people all uniquely created
- To nurture, educate and guide with integrity
- To inspire each and every one of us to do our very best
Develop and Promote Caring Relationships
- Caring for self
- Caring for each other
- Caring for patients and families
- Caring for communities
Exhibit professional conduct and appearance in adherence with all applicable policies.
If this sounds like you apply today to take the next steps towards your career with Lakeland Regional Health! Together we will improve the lives of our community.
Qualifications & Experience
Education: High School or Equivalent
Licenses Essential: State of Florida Pharmacy Technician Licensure Certifications Essential: Board Cert; P12M; Pharmacy Technician Certification Board Experience Essential: Hospital pharmacy experience Experience Preferred: Previous IV technician experience
About Lakeland Regional Health:
Lakeland Regional Health is a large, globally recognized, award winning, integrated healthcare system located in Central Florida. LRH is a not-for-profit facility which provides healthcare to everyone, regardless of status. Our 864-bed main Lakeland campus is one of the largest hospitals in the state of Florida and also operates the busiest single-site Emergency Department in the nation.
As LRH continue to grow, the Women & Children Pavilion recently opened. The Pavilion is an eight story, 170 bed state of the art facility located at our main Lakeland Campus. The Women's and Children's facility offers medical attention that has not been previously offered in Polk County. Lakeland Regional Health is improving lives every day through safe and exceptional care, prevention and wellness, education and discovery.
What is it like to work for Lakeland Regional Health? Our Award Winning Workplace has achieved best workplace awards from Forbes, Becker's, and Gallup (among only 40 organizations world-wide); achieved