Work Schedule: Various shifts available Work Hours per Biweekly Pay Period: 48-80 hour shifts
Shift Time: Varies Location: Medical Center, US:FL:Lakeland
Surgical Technologist - CVOR
Performs surgical/technical duties while maintaining asepsis and safety in the care of patients, in compliance with standards. Demonstrates knowledge and skills required to scrub the surgical procedure along with checking the surgeon's preference for supplies/equipment in order to facilitate smooth running of the Operating Room. In addition, the Surgical Technician anticipates needs of surgeon according to procedure and maintains correct counts of sponges, needles, and instruments with the circulating nurse. Responsible for proper handling and identification of specimens on the surgical field. Collaborates with team members and focuses practitioners to recommend changes in policies, procedures, and physicians' preference cards and participates in the implementation. Performs patient care activities according to unit policy procedures Identifies and facilitates opportunities for improvement in the areas of quality care and services, stewardship, employee engagement, communication, accountability and customer satisfaction.
- Performs surgical/technical duties while maintaining asepsis and safety in the care of patients, in compliance with standards. - Anticipates needs of surgeon according to procedure; maintains correct count of sponge's needles, and instruments with circulating nurse. - Demonstrates the appropriate use of infection control principles and personal protection equipment - Demonstrates knowledge and skills required to scrub the surgical procedures along with checking the surgeons preference for supplies/equipment in order to facilitate smooth running of the Operating Room. - Role models through professional development continuous learning and improvement of competence. Coaches, teaches and mentors others to continuously increase competence of team. Coaches, teaches and mentors others to continuously increase competence of team. - Maintains patient comfort, confidentiality and privacy; adheres to HIPAA standards. (Use this standard in-patient care areas and other job s as appropriate.) - Demonstrates knowledge of all equipment, instruments, and systems/technology necessary to complete duties and responsibilities. - Correctly discards disposable items, prepares, sprays and safely transport instruments to the SPD, assist with operating room clean up between cases and end of day and restock rooms during or at the end of shift each day. - Communicate effectively, timely and consistent manner, ensuring a professional and respectful exchange of information and ideas with physicians, patients, and team members. - Organizes job functions and work assignments to be able to effectively complete assignments within established time frames.
Live Our Promises
- To treasure all people all uniquely created
- To nurture, educate and guide with integrity
- To inspire each and every one of us to do our very best
Develop and Promote Caring Relationships
- Caring for self
- Caring for each other
- Caring for patients and families
- Caring for communities
Exhibit professional conduct and appearance in adherence with all applicable policies.
If this sounds like you apply today to take the next steps towards your career with Lakeland Regional Health! Together we will improve the lives of our community.
Qualifications & Experience
Education Essential: High School or Equivalent Essential: Completion of Accredited Operating Room Technologist course or equivalent training. Certifications Essential: Certified Surgical Technologist. New graduates must obtain certification within 30 days after employment. Failure to obtain this certification (new grads) within 30 days post-employment and failure to maintain certification will result in termination of employment. Experience Preferred: One to three years in acute care Operating Room setting
A bout Lakeland Regional Health:
Lakeland Regional Health is a large, globally recognized, award winning, integrated healthcare system located in Central Florida. LRH is a not-for-profit facility which provides healthcare to everyone, regardless of status. Our 864-bed main Lakeland campus is one of the largest hospitals in the state of Florida and also operates the busiest single-site Emergency Department in the nation.
As LRH continue to grow, the Women & Children Pavilion recently opened. The Pavilion is an eight story, 170 bed state of the art facility located at our main Lakeland Campus. The Women's and Children's facility offers medical attention that has not been previously offered in Polk County. Lakeland Regional Health is improving lives every day through safe and exceptional care, prevention and wellness, education and discovery.
What is it like to work for Lakeland Regional Health? Our Award Winning Workplace has achieved best workplace awards from Forbes, Becker's, and Gallup (among only 40 organizations world-wide); achieved