PeaceHealth is seeking a Emergency Department Tech (Per Diem) for a per diem, Variable shift position.
Req ID: 148767
This position is responsible for performing direct patient care activities within his/her scope of practice under the direction of a Registered Nurse or Physician in the Emergency Department.
1. Assists nursing staff and other care team members with patient care: receiving patients by ambulance and from triage; assisting with ambulatory patients; setting up and assisting with procedures; obtaining patient vital signs; dressing or undressing patients; providing treatment supplies when needed; application of sterile dressings; restraint procedures; immobilization of extremities; cast and splint applications; patient transport.
2. Performs basic patient observation skills and reports significant changes in patient condition to the appropriate team member. Observation of secluded or restrained patients.
3. Maintain unit supplies by stocking patient rooms and supply areas to meet patient care needs. Assist in keeping patient care areas and equipment clean.
4. Performs clerical and communication functions to support departmental operations and patient care.
5. Order entry and results retrieval in the computer system.
6. Will perform environmental services, security assistance and emergency response duties as needed. Requires BART training (de-escalation training) within 30 days of hire.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Graduate of a Certified Nursing Assistant Acute Care program, Medical Assistant program or EMT (Emergency Medical Technician) program.
Minimum of one year work experience as a Certified or Registered Nursing Assistant, Medical Assistant or EMT required.
Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient's needs.
Current Nursing Assistant certification in the state of Washington required.
Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
Requires WA State Food Handlers Permit
Medical Assistant Registration with 90 days of hire
Completion of ED specific competency based education
Strong communication skills
Critical thinking skills
Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
Strong customer service skills
Sufficient knowledge of English, spelling and arithmetic to complete and compile reports, make out requisitions, maintain simple records and perform various clerical duties
Proficient computer/keyboarding skills including MS Office applications
PEACE ISLAND PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
Work requires moderate physical exertion more than 66% of the time.
Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments.Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Friday Harbor community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers .
Location: Friday Harbor , Peace Island Medical Center (221) Job Category: Allied, Ancillary & Clinical Support Shift: Variable Shift Length: 12 Hours FTE: 0.0 Work Type: Per Diem/Relief Hourly compensation starts at: $ 522 , more depending on experience Required Certifications/Licensure: Basic Life Support; Certified Nurse Assistant - Washington; Food Handlers Card - Washington; Medical Assistant Registered - Washington
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Friday Harbor || Allied, Ancillary & Clinical Support || Technician / Technologist || Per Diem/Relief || EMERGENCY SVCS
Internal Number: 148767
PeaceHealth Physicians are as diverse as the communities they serve, but have the following in common:Dedication to carrying on the healing mission of Jesus Christ by promoting personal and community health, relieving pain and suffering and treating each person in a loving and caring way.A shared vision of every patient receiving exceptional, compassionate evidence-based care, every time, every touch.