PeaceHealth is seeking a LPN Clinic - Sedro Woolley, Ortho (Part Time) for a 0.8 full time equivalent Non-Exempt position. This position will be working Day shift with shift durations of 8 Hours .
Req ID: 164315
LPN JOB SUMMARY
Responsible for ensuring delivery of quality nursing care to clinic patients as directed by clinic's healthcare providers. The LPN Clinic, Outpatient functions as a core member of the interdisciplinary care team and fulfills/shares the roles and responsibilities of rooming nurse, resource nurse, and clinical support nurse in the ambulatory patient care setting. Facilitates integrated care delivery across selected populations to improve clinical and financial outcomes, through the implementation of care coordination. Under the guidance of an RN, implements patient-specific interventions through a variety of program delivery methods and implements plans of care addressing a wide scope of health care needs in partnership with the multidisciplinary care team.
1. Assess and implement patient care under supervision. Prepares patient for examination.
2. Provide direct patient care. Assists provider with examination and treatment of patient as directed.
3. Under the oversight of provider, may be responsible for telephone triage using age specific triage protocol books and computerized resources.
4. Document patient care in health record according to department standards.
5. Obtains and conveys information to and from patients, pharmacies, and other providers as directed and supervised by a licensed provider; may obtain referral authorizations for treatment as directed by provider.
6. May coordinate and integrate care of selected populations by managing chronic disease registries and conducting outreach using various program delivery methods. May evaluate reports and acts on outlier data based on criteria set forth by the Clinical Council, or appropriate regional disease management program and/or performance improvement committee(s).
7. Under the guidance and oversight of an RN, may case manage a panel of patients including provide support for patient and family issues, utilize motivational interviewing techniques in coaching patient self-management, coordinate care with providers in other settings, and implement care plans.
8. May work with discharge planners and coordinates transitions of care to ensure seamless transition between the clinic and hospitals, emergency departments or care facilities. May facilitate the sharing of information across networks of care.
9. Performs health screening per established protocols, resolves patient inquires within scope, and escalates patient inquiries beyond scope to either the RN, Clinic leadership, or the provider.
10. May participate as a proactive team member of the multi-disciplinary medical home or patient care team.
11. Under the oversight of provider, may be responsible for telephone triage using age specific triage protocol books and computerized resources.
12. Other duties as assigned.
Graduate of an accredited State Board of Nursing LPN program required.
One year clinical experience as an LPN preferred.
Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient's needs.
Experience or training in motivational interviewing or coaching for activation preferred.
Current LPN license in the applicable state.
Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
Ability to collaborate with other multi-disciplinary team members.
Ability to communicate to insurance companies regarding insurance processes, authorizations and referrals required.
Proficiency in the use of computer and office equipment.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills including basic understanding of motivational interviewing techniques.
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Strong customer service skills.
Ability to adhere to quality, safety and infection control standards.
Ability to manage personal growth, taking initiative to meet challenges within the team care environment.
Effective prioritization skills.
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Sedro-Woolley community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers .
Location: Sedro-Woolley , United General Pavilion (255) Job Category: Allied, Ancillary & Clinical Support Shift: Day Shift Length: 8 Hours FTE: 0.8 Work Type: Part Time Hourly compensation starts at: $ 21.33 , more depending on experience Required Certifications/Licensure: Basic Life Support; Licensed Practical Nurse - Washington
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Sedro-Woolley || Allied, Ancillary & Clinical Support || Nursing Assistant, Medical Assistant, LPN || Part Time || SPECIALTY SVCS
Internal Number: 164315
PeaceHealth Physicians are as diverse as the communities they serve, but have the following in common:Dedication to carrying on the healing mission of Jesus Christ by promoting personal and community health, relieving pain and suffering and treating each person in a loving and caring way.A shared vision of every patient receiving exceptional, compassionate evidence-based care, every time, every touch.