Texas Health Alliance, a baby friendly facility located in North Ft. Worth, has an exciting new full time Labor & Delivery RN opportunity due to an increase in the volume of patients and recent expansion.
• 2018 FORTUNE Magazine's “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (4th year in a row) • 2018 Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4th year in a row) • 2018 Employees' Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor • #1 for 2016 and 2017 “100 Best Workplaces for Women” by Great Place to Work® and Fortune • A “50 Best Workplaces for Diversity” for 2016 and 2017 by Great Place to Work® and Fortune • A 2017 “Best Workplaces for Parents” by Great Place to Work® and Fortune
* Comprehensive benefits package * Medical, dental, prescription drug and vision plans * 401K retirement * Nursing Career Ladder (NCAP) * Tuition reimbursement * Short term and long term disability * Be Healthy Wellness program * Fitness Center discounts * Free parking and much more!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Texas Health Resources is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity at all levels of our organization. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Alliance is a 110-bed, full-service hospital offering acute care and wellness programs to communities in North Fort Worth, Keller, North Richland Hills, Haslet, Justin and surrounding areas.
The hospital provides numerous services, including emergency medicine, general and outpatient surgery – including an outpatient surgery center, women and infant's care – including a level III neonatal intensive care unit, radiology – including a women's imaging center, cardiac rehabilitation and therapy center, business health services, and wellness programs.
Texas Health Alliance is a technologically advanced hospital that has earned national recognition for operating at the highest level of electronic medical record adoption. We invite you to join us in furthering your career through our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred. RNs hired after January 2017 require completion of BSN within 2 years of start date. Associates degree in Nursing is minimum.
Required minimum experience:
One (1) year experience as a clinical nurse (RN), or completion of an RN residency program. Labor & Delivery RN experience strongly preferred.
Current RN licensure or compact licensure recognized by the Texas Board of Nursing upon hire; Current AHA BLS/CPR certification upon hire.
Credentials specific to specialty as defined:
- NRP certification within 30 days of hire if not current
Required skills (if applicable):
A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment.
- Critical thinking skills.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) is strongly preferred. (Must obtain BSN within 2 years from date of hire) - Flexibility with schedule. - Prefer 3 to 5 years current Labor & Delivery experience as a RN from an acute care setting. - Women's Services/OB Certification is a plus. - Experience with High Risk OB patients is helpful. - Charge RN experience is preferred - Fetal monitoring (EFM) certification is preferred - Mother/baby experience preferred. - Circulating and recovering C-sections experience is strongly preferred Proficiency with computer skills - Microsoft Suite and computerized charting - EPIC/Care Connect - Very good verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills. - Serves as a role model, intra/ interdisciplinary collaborator and coordinator for quality patient care. - Possesses organizational skills to function successfully in a fast paced work environment.
Full-time: 6:45PM-7:15AM, (3) 12-hour shifts/week; with rotating weekends and holidays - self scheduling process