Position Summary: We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Sr Operations Analyst.
In this role, the successful candidate assists the Perlmutter Cancer Center (PCC) Manager of Analytics by, coordinating, planning, organizing, and executing operational analyses and decision support activities including recording, analyzing and reporting operations-related information, developing procedures and analyzing information utilizing project management techniques and the application of mathematical or statistical methods.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
11. Assists PCC finance department with analysis as needed.
10. Cover for Managers absence as needed.
9. Assist Manager with supervision and/or work coordination of other analyst (s) within department.
8. Coordinates data management around current and future payors for Oncology Bundled Payment arrangements with payors and internal Value Based Management initiatives.
7. Solicits customer feedback on special projects and make recommendations to achieve targeted outcomes.
6. Coordinates and prepares data collection for various clinical assessments to support the Supportive Oncology Initiatives at the PCC
5. Transforms/interprets operations reports and requirements into actionable insights for the PCC Management team.
4. Collaborates with PCC managers to lead the development of ad hoc analyses to help improve operations overall. This could include supporting the implementation of scorecards/dashboards for individual departments as necessary.
3. Manages data manipulation/loads into MS Access for volume, financial analyses and patient registry, and other ad hoc data analyses. Assesses current processes and provides automated solutions to enhance efficiency.
2. Coordinates and works independently with PCC department managers reviewing and updating their corresponding RVUs, MD utilization, Outcome measures, UHC data, and various other ad hoc operational analyses. Provides written analytical insight and summaries as needed.
1. Collaborates with PCC Practice Managers regarding patient volumes and telephone utilization. Explains proposed solutions to management or other interested parties through written proposals and oral presentations. Prepares reports on statistical data and interpretation.
Minimum Qualifications: To qualify you must have the ability to communicate effectively with internal and external clients. Ability to coordinate and manage multiple priorities in a changing environment with minimal supervision. Must be proficient in Microsoft Access and Excel. Must be able to generate moderately complex reports and multimedia presentations. Advanced analytic skills with the ability to analyze and interpret data through complex analysis. Minimum two years of Operations related experience. Bachelors Degree in a Business or Health Related field.
Preferred Qualifications: Master's Degree in business administration, public health, health care administration, or related field Four years of Operations related experience.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Health provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online. If you wish to view NYU Langone Health's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.
Please See Above
Internal Number: 63757221
About NYU Langone Health
NYU Langone Health is a world-class, patient-centered, integrated academic medical center, known for its excellence in clinical care, research, and education. Included in the 200+ locations throughout the New York area are five inpatient locations: Tisch Hospital, its flagship acute-care facility; Rusk Rehabilitation, ranked as one of the top 10 rehabilitation programs in the country; NYU Langone Orthopedic Hospital, a dedicated inpatient orthopedic hospital with all musculoskeletal specialties ranked top 10 in the country; Hassenfeld Children's Hospital at NYU Langone, a comprehensive pediatric hospital supporting a full array of children's health services; and NYU Langone Hospital—Brooklyn, a full-service teaching hospital and level 1 trauma center located in Sunset Park, Brooklyn. Also part of NYU Langone Health is the Laura and Isaac Perlmutter Cancer Center, a National Cancer Institute–designated cancer center, and NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history.