Flight Paramedic provides pre-hospital life support care and ambulance or flight transportation of persons who are ill or injured as authorized and directed by a physician.
At UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado's largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it's a passion.
· High school diploma or GED. Able to meet the physical demands of the position as outlined in department policy AL P-36.
· National certification as defined by unit certification list. Colorado EMT-P certification.
· Critical care endorsement by Board of Critical Care Transport Paramedic Certification (BCCTPC).
· BLS, ACLS, PALS or PEPP and NRP through the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer with card in-hand before start date. Card must be good through sixty days of hire. All life support certification cards must be issued by either the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer. (American Red Cross for the Professional Rescuer is only good upon hire and all renewals will need to be through an American Heart Association sanctioned course.)
· ATLS or TPATC within one year of hire.
· Valid driver's license required.
· Assesses nature and extent of illness or injury to prioritize medical procedures or the need for assistance.
· Works under stress caused by emergencies, danger, or criticism.
· Makes judgments; solves problems.
· Restores and stabilizes heart rhythm on pulseless, non-breathing patients as directed by a physician.
· Monitors cardiac patients using electrocardiographs.
· Monitors chest tubes and automated transport ventilators.
· Performs drug calculations and administers injections of medications.
· Monitors drips, colloids and blood products initiated by RN or transferring facility.
· Gives initial treatment at emergency scenes; takes vital signs.
· Assists in extricating trapped victims.
· Drives the ambulance to and from scenes and treatment centers.
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we'll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There's no limits to your potential here. Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.
With award-winning hospitals and facilities serving the entire Front Range, University of Colorado Health is the state’s largest and most innovative health system. By integrating the strengths of academic medicine with the finest community health care, we’re able to push the boundaries of medicine and offer our employees endless career opportunities. Here, there are no limits, except those you place on yourself. Everyone is united by their passion for discovery and their commitment to improving patients’ lives.