Per Diem. Hours are determined by operational needs and athletic schedules.
RAMAPO COLLEGE OF NEW JERSEY:
Mission: Ramapo College of New Jersey is New Jersey’s Public Liberal Arts College, dedicated to providing students a strong foundation for a lifetime of achievement. The College is committed to academic excellence through interdisciplinary and experiential learning, and international and intercultural understanding. Ramapo College emphasizes teaching and individual attention to all students. We promote diversity, inclusiveness, sustainability, student engagement, and community involvement.
Established in 1969, Ramapo College of New Jersey has an enrollment of 5,000 students and offers bachelor’s degrees in the arts, business, humanities, social sciences and the sciences, as well as in professional studies, which include nursing and social work. In addition, Ramapo College offers courses leading to teacher certification at the elementary and secondary levels. The College also offers eight graduate programs as well as articulated programs with Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, New York Chiropractic College, New York University College of Dentistry, SUNY State College of Optometry and New York College of Podiatric Medicine. The College is ranked as fifth in the Best Regional Public Universities North category by U.S. News & World Report.
Undergraduate students choose to concentrate their studies in one of five schools with more than 539 course offerings and 36 academic programs. Ramapo College boasts an average student/faculty ratio of 18:1 and average class size of 23, afford
The Per Diem Athletic Trainer reports to the Director of Athletics and the Head Athletic Trainer. The individual is responsible for relieving and/or assisting the Head and/or Assistant Athletic Trainer, especially during weekend hours. He or she is responsible for the total well being of the athlete when the Head and/or Assistant Athletic Trainers are not present. He or she is also responsible for the recognition and diagnosis of athletic-related injuries or illnesses, the treatment of these conditions, rehabilitation, referral to outside medical professionals, and maintenance, including proper documentation and communication with the athletic trainers regarding these conditions. Responsibilities include coverage of all practices and contests when on schedule, proper set-up of water and ice, etc. He or she should be fluent in anatomy and physiology and diagnostic procedures, therapeutic modality use, and therapeutic exercise techniques. He or she should act morally and ethically and display good judgment when making return to play decisions for athletes. It is the responsibility of the Per Diem Athletic Trainer to maintain the proper credentials and certifications, NJ State License, and to acquire his or her necessary continuing education units (CEU).
• Act as a substitute administrator of the Athletic Training facility when full-time Athletic Trainers are not present.
• Re-stock necessary equipment and supplies when on duty.
• Act as a liaison between students, physicians, and departmental staff of the Athletics Department, along with the Athletic Trainer cohort.
• Provide pre-event and post-event services to student athletes.
• Provide on-site coverage for practices and games whenever possible.
• Provide emergency first aid to injured athletes.
• Provide injury condition evaluation and referral whenever necessary.
• Arrange, organize, and implement rehabilitative therapy for injured athletes.
• Arrange for and/or provide transportation to a medical facility and/or team physician whenever possible.
• Assist in supervising student aides when on duty.
• Assist in writing up claim forms for insurance related injuries if such injury should occur while on duty.
• Advise the Athletic Director in regard to health and safety issues.
• May attend some away athletic contests for training support purposes if need be.
• Required to work Saturdays, Sundays, and some holidays as needed.
Bachelor’s degree. Certification by the Board of Certification (BOC) and must possess a valid New Jersey State License as an Athletic Trainer.
Demonstrated communication, organizational, interpersonal, and computer skills.
EEO STATEMENT: Ramapo College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Ramapo has a long history of advocating, advising, and supporting diversity, equity, and inclusiveness Examples can be found in its mission statement, strategic plans, degree and course offerings, community outreach programs, the Diversity Action Committee offerings, and the other numerous diversity conferences and programs. Ramapo’s commitment to diversity and inclusion is infused across all facets of the College; where the environment is welcoming, dedicated to social justice, respectful of freedom of expression, focused on educating and having an ongoing conversation regarding cultural competence and the benefits and importance of diversity.