This individual is responsible for routine and ongoing assessments of building systems ensuring proper operations and assessing repair and maintenance needs for such systems. Duties include monitoring the operation of all electrical systems and equipment in the building including critical data center systems such as computer room ac units, standby emergency power, uninterruptable power supplies, power distribution systems and associated infrastructure. Maintain the operation of, troubleshoot and repair all HVAC, mechanical, plumbing, and fire/life safety systems. Monitor energy and water consumption to ensure efficiency and cost effectiveness. Oversee the proper conduct and performance of all outside contractors and ensure compliance with applicable codes, requisitions and company directives as relates to building operations. Maintain excellent customer service relationships by ensuring all service requests and repairs are made correctly and in a timely manner. Knowledge of building and electrical codes is required. This position requires knowledge and some experience with commercial office building components including ceiling tiles, flooring, carpentry, painting, appliances, etc.
• High school diploma, general education degree (GED) and/or certifications from trade schools in electrical system design, refrigeration, and/or HVAC required.
• 3+ years of building operations maintenance experience and/or support in a critical facility environment preferred
• Applicable license or permit for trade as required including, at a minimum, Journeyman or Master Electrician license.
• Working knowledge and experience of electrical/installation/panel work in both low and high voltage electrical switchgear/distributions systems, including generators, ATS, switchgear, relays, and UPS systems.
• Ability to interact with all levels within the organizational structure
• Must have good written and verbal communication skills and be able to interact effectively with internal and external customers and provide excellent customer service
• Highly motivated self-starter capable of working independently with a strong work ethic. Able to set priorities, meet deadlines and manage multiple projects with overlapping deadlines.
• Basic knowledge of Word and Excel and working knowledge of Outlook required. • On-call availability required.
• Must be able to work extended hours including evenings and weekends when necessary to meet business needs.
About Federal Home Loan Bank
Federal Home Loan Bank of Dallas is a member-owned cooperative that supports housing and economic development in the communities served by our member financial institutions in Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, New Mexico, and Texas. Our credit products and other financial services help members deliver financial products to fund housing, small business, rural development, and agriculture. Specialized community investment and affordable housing loan and grant programs help finance community redevelopment and expand affordable housing opportunities.