· Department: Several Inpatient and Ambulatory (see below for complete list of participating Units)
· Full time and benefited; 72 hours per (biweekly) pay-period
· Flexible schedule; Unit/Clinic specific - Combination of Days/Nights/Weekends/Holidays
At UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado's largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it's a passion.
October 2018 Cohort: Post-Baccalaureate New-Graduate Nurse Residency Program (This cohort's application window will close 07/27/18 at 5:00 pm (MST))
Please note that the Post-Baccalaureate Nurse Residency Program has a multi-step application process.
You will have the opportunity to attach one (1) single (Word or PDF) document to your profile (this step will only ask for resume but this is where you will upload your completed multi-step document). Do not start your application to this job posting until you are prepared to upload this complete document. This one single document must be in the order described below and will be comprised of the following seven (+) pages:
Pages 1 and 2 – Supplemental Application. Select the [ Word document ]. Please delineate your Units of choice and answer ALL the questions on the supplemental application.
Page 3 – Cover letter. This should give a brief overview of why you're interested in this cohort and also reiterate why you're a good fit for your Unit(s) of choice and UCHealth overall.
Pages 4 and 5 – Comprehensive resume
Page 6 – Letter of Recommendation. Only one needed for this application. The letter has no template or fixed criteria. This is a professional character reference provided to you from past managers, clinical educators, teachers, managers, supervisors, family, friends, peers, fellow students, etc.
Page 7 – (typically) 9 – Nursing School Unofficial Transcripts
**Please ensure that when the document is uploaded, it is in a printable Microsoft Word or PDF format. Only apply if you truly have all your multi-step seven (+)-page document ready to upload.**
Once your multi-step application document is verified to meet all of the above criteria by Human Resources you will receive an electronic reference-check to the email associated with your applicant profile from a company called SkillSurvey. Please respond to this request at your earliest convenience. If you have completed a SkillSurvey reference-check in the last 6 months for a similar position, this step will not be required again. The reference-check can be finalized outside of application window timelines and is a mandatory step in UCHealth's hiring process for further consideration.
Medical Surgical Progressive Critical Care Unit - M/SPCU
Cardiac ICU - CICU
Surgical Trauma ICU – STICU
Cardiothoracic ICU – CTICU
Medical ICU – MICU
Neuro - ICU
Burn Center (Critical Care Side)
Outpatient Infusion Center (OIC)
Summary – RN Graduate
Enrolled in a Nurse Residency Program, provides direct patient care using the nursing process in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice and with the policies, values, and mission of the organization.
· Plans, implements, and evaluates patient care plans based on patient assessment to optimize outcomes and maximize available resources.
· Monitors, records, and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
· Assists with collaborating as needed across disciplines to coordinate patient care, including patient transfer, discharge, referral and spiritual/psychosocial support needs.
· Evaluates learning needs of patient and/or family and provides patient/family education appropriate to age, culture, condition, and circumstances.
· Effectively delegates patient care to ancillary personnel.
· Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a fast paced environment, and take appropriate action. Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
· Graduate of an accredited Registered/Professional Nursing program.
· State licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN).
· Basic Life Support (BLS) through the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer with card in-hand before start date. BLS or CPR card must be good through sixty days of hire. All life support certification cards must be issued by either the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer. (American Red Cross for the Professional Rescuer is only good upon hire and all renewals will need to be through an American Heart Association sanctioned course).
· Satisfy all RN Residency Program eligibility requirements. See WEBSITE for complete details.
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we'll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There's no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.
With award-winning hospitals and facilities serving the entire Front Range, University of Colorado Health is the state’s largest and most innovative health system. By integrating the strengths of academic medicine with the finest community health care, we’re able to push the boundaries of medicine and offer our employees endless career opportunities. Here, there are no limits, except those you place on yourself. Everyone is united by their passion for discovery and their commitment to improving patients’ lives.