Assists the SPD Management team with the daily workflow. Assists with instrument training and equipment repairs. Train new staff how to work in the various areas of the department Be an SPD role model for customer service, professional conduct and leadership.
1. Assists in managing the work flow of SPD on a daily basis. Contributes to the productivity and efficiency of the department. Works closely with Operating room staff. Ensure that emergency add-on cases are completed as soon as possible. Demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide the appropriate information needed to identify each customer request.
2. Knowledge of the complex factors that affect the process of sterilization, as well as specific procedures that should be followed for all Hospital sterilization. Learn all specialty equipment in order to be able to assist in ongoing training of other staff. Maintain all SPD processing equipment, scheduling maintenance when necessary. Records all completed training events and in-services provided to the SPD staff.
3. Performs all activities of the Sterile Processing Aide, including Decontamination, Packaging, Processing, Dispensing, Inventory management and Storage. Familiar with all types of specialty instrumentation from the Operating room, Labor & Delivery, Cath Lab, Emergency department, and other specialty areas of the hospital.
4. Assists in management of Orthopedic instrumentation coming from outside Vendors. Responsible for following the process from decontamination through sterilization. Works closely with staff, so instruments are available for scheduled operative procedure
5. Monitors all patient care medical equipment; assures availability. Sends equipment to Biomedical dept. for repairs. Monitors Code 5000 Emergency Carts.
High school graduate or equivalent. Proficiency and understanding of medical terminology that accompanies the SPD department.
Must have a Sterile Processing & Distribution Certification. CBSPD or IAHCSMM Certification.
Internal Number: 66472
About Greenwich Hospital, Yale New Haven Health System
At Greenwich Hospital, a 206-bed (including bassinets) regional provider of care and affiliate of Yale New Haven Health, you’ll find a hospital and a working culture like no other. Conveniently located minutes from I-95, I-684, I-287, the Merritt/Hutchinson Parkway and Westchester County – and close to public transportation and shuttle service – Greenwich Hospital offers a beautiful state-of-the-art facility that serves as a national model for advanced health care design. Our unwavering commitment to care has been recognized by the Press Ganey Summit Award for four consecutive years of patient satisfaction scores above the 95th percentile…and extends to building extraordinary careers.
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.