Job Posting: Jun 5, 2018, 7:32:41 PM Closing Date: Jun 20, 2018, 4:59:00 AM Full-time Shift Start Time: 8:00 A.M. Shift End Time: 6:30 P.M.
Collective Bargaining Unit: RWDSU Local 200 Pharmacists Posting Salary: $62.16
Organization: Health and Hospital Systems
Provides pharmaceutical care to all areas of Ambulatory Care Services which includes: Adult Emergency Room, Pediatric Emergency Room, Screening Clinics, Immediate Care Centers, Health Center Clinics, and Inpatient Discharge Services, depending on service level provisions. Outpatient front-line pharmacist assigned to Ambulatory Pharmacy setting. Supervises the performance of pharmacy students and pharmacy technicians in the Outpatient Ambulatory Pharmacy setting.
LOCATION: Ruth Rothstein Core Center Pharmacy
SHIFT: DAY SHIFT (Hours of Operation- MWTH 8:00 am -6:30pm; Tues 8:00 am-7:00 pm; Fri 8:00 am-5:00 pm)
· Must be licensed as a pharmacist in good standing in the State of Illinois, required
· Previous experience in a hospital or retail pharmacy, required
· A Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D), preferred
· Bilingual skills in English and Spanish, preferred
· Previous experience with computerized physician order entry (CPOE) including basic knowledge and maintenance, PC-based word processing and Pyxis applications, preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics
· Knowledge of hospital and pharmacy policies, procedures, and techniques, Federal and State Laws, and pharmaceutical entities available in the U.S. market and their proper nomenclatures
· Knowledge of Pharmacokinetics, drug and poison information system, Drug Utilization Evaluation (DUE), and Adverse Drug Reaction (ADR) reporting systems
· Dexterity to manipulate drugs and containers and labeling
· Skill to compound and package medicines
When applying for employment with the Cook County Health & Hospitals System, preference is given to honorably discharged Veterans who have served in the Armed Forces of the United States for not less than 6 months of continuous service
To take advantage of this preference a Veteran must :
· Meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
· Identify self as a Veteran on the employment application by answering yes to the question by answering yes to the question,
Internal Number: 208280
About Cook County Health & Hospitals System
ABOUT COOK COUNTY HEALTH AND HOSPITALS SYSTEM
The Cook County Health & Hospitals System’s mission is to deliver integrated health services with dignity and respect regardless of a patient’s ability to pay; foster partnerships with other health providers and communities to enhance the health of the public; and advocate for policies that promote the physical, mental and social wellbeing of the people of Cook County.
CCHHS is comprised of two hospitals, John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital and Provident Hospital, a robust network of more than a dozen community health centers, the Ruth M. Rothstein CORE Center, the Community Triage Center, the Cook County Department of Public Health, Cermak Health Services, which provides health care to individuals at the Cook County Jail and the Juvenile Temporary Detention Center, and CountyCare, a Medicaid managed care health plan.
The system cares for more than 300,000 patients each year and its physicians are experts in their fields, committed to providing their patients with comprehensive, compassionate and cutting-edge care. Today, CCHHS is transforming the provision of health care in Cook County by promoting community-based primary and preventive care, growing an innovative, collaborative health plan and enhancing the patient experience.