The Assistant Athletic Trainer will function to assist the Director of Sports Medicine, and the Assistant Director of Sports Medicine, in managing all aspects of the daily medical care for the Rowing Program. In addition, they will oversee two (2) Intern/Graduate Assistant athletic trainers covering the Men's and Women's Tennis teams, and all student assistants assigned to work with the Rowing program. The Assistant Athletic Trainer will also be responsible for administrative duties of the Sports Medicine Department as assigned by the Director of Sports Medicine or the Assistant Director of Sports Medicine.
- Assist the Director of Sports Medicine, and the Assistant Director of Sports Medicine, in managing all aspects of daily medical needs of Rowing program, including coverage of strength and conditioning sessions, practices, home and away competitions, and attendance at rehabilitation and treatment sessions and medical appointments of rowing student-athletes as required.
- Supervise and mentor two (2) Intern/Grad Assistant athletic trainer for the Men's and Women's Tennis programs.
- Supervise all athletic training student assistants assigned to work with the Rowing program.
- Communicate directly with coaches for Rowing regarding all injuries and illnesses of Rowing student-athletes, as well as status of ongoing rehabilitation and treatments, medical appointments, and participation status for workouts/practices/competitions.
- Communicate directly with Rowing Strength and Conditioning coach regarding all physical restrictions due to injury or illness of Rowing student-athletes.
- Inform Director of Sports Medicine, Assistant Director of Sports Medicine, and Head Team Physician of major medical issues of Rowing student-athletes such as Emergency Department transportation, hospitalizations, surgeries, and other significant issues. Other administrative duties as assigned by the Director of Sports Medicine, and/or the Assistant Director of Sports Medicine.
Internal Number: 149767
About University of Tennessee, Knoxville
Our primary mission is to move forward the frontiers of human knowledge and enrich and elevate the citizens of the state of Tennessee, the nation, and the world. As the preeminent research-based, land-grant university in the state, UT embodies the spirit of excellence in teaching, research, scholarship, creative activity, outreach, and engagement attained by the nation’s finest public research institutions.