Overall operational and financial performance of all employed physician operations, including St. Luke's Medical Group consisting of more than 65 legal (practice) entities with more than 130 physicians and advanced practice professionals in more than 55 locations and over 300 supporting staff, and St. Luke’s Hospital and St. Luke’s Des Peres Hospital provider-based employed physicians with more than 70 physicians in 20 departments. Oversees physician recruitment, relations and referral activities. Works closely with the CEO and CFO of St. Luke’s Health Corp., with the Vice President Strategic Planning, and with Vice Presidents and Directors of programs in identifying, prioritizing and coordinating physician resources and needs. Works in a dyad relationship with the Medical Director of the Medical Group, and closely in collaboration with the Chief of Medicine for hospital-based physicians. Direct supervision of 45+ staff support personnel. Performs duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with our mission and values.
Principle Accountabilities and Percent of Time Spent:
1. Oversee the administrative operations of St. Luke’s Medical Group, including recruitment and on boarding of new physicians, supervision of practice managers, clinical practice procedures and protocols, financial operations, and individual and group physician performance. 20%
2. Oversee the administrative operations of St. Luke’s employed hospital-based physicians (e.g., hospitalists, emergency, ICU), recruitment and on boarding of new physicians, supervision of practice managers, clinical practice procedures and protocols, financial operations, and individual and group physician performance. working closely with Hospital VPs and Directors over those clinical areas. 10%
3. Work collaboratively with the Director of Revenue Cycle Management to ensure highly effective and efficient revenue cycle operations. 5%
4. Oversee analysis of financial performance, accounting, and financial analysis of practice operations. 5%
5. Oversee the management of medical group accounting staff and works in collaboration with the Director of Finance. 5%
6. Meet with physicians to discuss financial and operational issues with physician practices and individual physician performance, including with the Medical Director of the Medical Group or Chief of Medicine as appropriate. Support discussions between the Medical Director of the Medical Group and physicians on behavioral issues. 10%
7. Oversee and participate in physician recruitment and contracting. 10%
8. Oversee physician relations and physician referral. 5%
9. Working closely with the Director of Population Health, participate in the design of processes and systems of care to advance Patient Centered Medical Home principles and care coordination in the Medical Group practices and across St. Luke’s Health Corp., to achieve exceptional quality and patient satisfaction at the lowest cost possible to be successful under value-based contracts. 10%
10. Oversee the development of physician compensation structures to ensure market competitiveness for physician salaries, while also including appropriate design features (e.g., quality metric incentives) to promote advancement of strategic initiatives. 10%
11. Maintain collaborative relationships with staff and associated peers and physicians to maintain the integrity of the services. - Act as a role model in interpersonal relationships - Serve as liaison between directors, nurse managers and physicians. - Meet regularly with physicians to identify opportunities and areas of service enhancement and recovery including development of business plans. - Interview, hire, supervise, and evaluate managers. 5%
12. Performs other work duties as assigned or as requested. 5%
Bachelors Degree and MBA or MHA required.
5 years progressive experience with physician practices and 10 years healthcare related experience. Communication skills related to physician interactions, staff and outside industry leaders. Ability to read and interpret legal documents including physician contracts, insurance contracts and other documents.
Internal Number: 0000
About St. Luke's Hospital
St. Luke's is a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare provider committed to improving the quality of life for our patients and the community. Our compassionate healthcare team furthers this mission by providing high quality, nationally-recognized care and achieving excellent patient satisfaction.
We also offer a broad range of services spanning your entire life. Since the day we cared for our first patient more than 150 years ago, St. Luke's has grown from a single hospital location to an advanced network of care, with extraordinary physicians and other healthcare experts providing services in over 60 specialty areas across our 493-bed hospital in Chesterfield, Mo. and 26 outpatient locations in St. Louis and St. Charles counties.
We are proud to be the only independent hospital in the greater St. Louis area. We also value the affiliations, collaborations and partnerships we have established throughout our region and the nation that enable us to continue enhancing the services we provide our patients. For example, St. Luke's is the exclusive St. Louis affiliate of the nation's No. 1 heart hospital, Cleveland Clinic's Sydell and Arnold Miller Family Heart & Vascular Institute....
In addition, St. Luke's is a leader in health education through our community outreach initiatives. As the region's only Spirit of Women hospital, St. Luke's provides exceptional women's services, information and programs that help women and their families take action for better health.