Associate Research Coordinator - Emergency Medicine
NYU Langone Health
April 5, 2018
NYU School of Medicine is one of the nation's top-ranked medical schools. For 175 years, NYU School of Medicine has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history and enrich the lives of countless people. An integral part of NYU Langone Health, the School of Medicine at its core is committed to improving the human condition through medical education, scientific research, and direct patient care. For more information, go to med.nyu.edu, and interact with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Associate Research Coordinator.
In this role, the successful candidate We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as an Associate Research Coordinator within the NYU Ronald O. Perelman Department of Emergency Medicines Division of Research. In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting, promoting, and coordinating the implementation of studies conducted by the EMxSDOH Lab (Emergency Medicine x Social Determinants of Health, Principal Investigator: Kelly Doran, MD, MHS). The primary study is an innovative National Institutes of Health-funded research project that aims to prevent homelessness among patients at Bellevue Hospital Centers Emergency Department, including patients with substance use problems and other vulnerable populations. This study includes quantitative, qualitative, and pilot intervention research components. Other EMxSDOH Lab studies include a survey study on family SDOH in the Pediatric Emergency Department and a survey/interview study of SDOH screening tools in the adult Emergency Department.
The Associate Research Coordinator will assist with all elements of the Labs research projects. Specific duties include institutional review board submissions, study record keeping and protocol compliance, coordination of studies, assisting with administrative duties, organizing meetings, and helping prepare reports to funders and other organizations. Depending on experience, the Associate Research Coordinator may also be involved in analysis and reporting of qualitative data from in-depth patient interviews. The position may also include direct contact with emergency department patients at Bellevue Hospital Center and/or NYU Langone HospitalBrooklyn including patient recruitment, consent, enrollment, accurate data collection, and intervention provision as applicable. The Associate Research Coordinator will help lead the EMxSDOH Lab teamwhich consists of students, part-time research assistants, and othersand will report to the study Principal Investigator. This position provides a great opportunity for career development and offers one-on-one mentoring from Dr. Doran as well as the ability to work with a large team of dedicated research staff within the Department of Emergency Medicines Research Division.
NYU Langone Medical Center is one of the nations premier centers for excellence in clinical care, biomedical research, and medical education. The medical centers trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved 365 days a year through the seamless integration of a culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. The Ronald O. Perelman Department of Emergency Medicine has a rapidly growing Research Division with multiple active projects that aim to improve the health of vulnerable populations and reduce health disparities. Bellevue Hospital Center is the oldest public hospital in the United States and has a long history of service to the New York City community. NYU Langone Medical Center offers its employees the ability to contribute to a mission-driven institution while receiving competitive pay and an excellent package of benefits.
1. Demonstrates knowledge of the organizations Core Values and incorporates them into the performance of duties.
2. Human Subjects Research Updates and submits necessary documents required by the NYU Institutional Board (IRB), NYU Office of Clinical Trials, and any other appropriate parties in order to obtain and maintain approval to conduct human subjects research. Prepares and submits any required enrollment statistics or reports in a timely manner.
3. Study Regulations - Aware of study regulatory status and keeps an up to date copy of regulatory documents. Maintains organized study records.
4. Research Activities Depending on experience may conduct preliminary analyses of data, statistics, and other materials for reports. Depending on experience may conduct analysis of qualitative research data. Depending on experience may provide pilot interventions to emergency department patients as part of a research study. May assist with other study recruitment including screening potential patients/participants for eligibility and completing informed consent process.
5. Reporting and Analysis Gathers and compiles data and assists in consolidating/analyzing data for presentation to sponsoring and regulatory agencies. Provides reports to all necessary parties on the progress of the study as needed.
6. Continuous Learning Position requires ongoing continuing education in all areas of research development. It is expected that the employee demonstrates proof of ongoing research education on a yearly basis. Training programs are provided through the School of Medicine.
7. Grants May assist in the preparation of grant applications and related activities such as developing grant proposals and fundraising activities. Collects and organizes required paperwork for submission if required. Assists with grant continuation reports.
8. Budgets Keeps accurate records of spending and assists with budgets.
9. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as required.
To qualify you must have a 1. Bachelors degree and at least 1 years relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. 2. Effective oral and written communication, and interpersonal skills. 3. High level of professionalism and ability to maintain study participant confidentiality. 4. Ability to manage and motivate a research team. 5. Proficiency in using Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. 6. Advanced organization skills and attention to detail. 7. Time management skills and ability to coordinate multiple projects at once. 8. Highly motivated and independent, but also able to follow direction from the PI. 9. A passion for helping people and a sensitivity toward the needs of urban low-income populations.
Preferred Qualifications: 1. Familiarity with institutional review boards, HIPAA regulations, and clinical research standards. 2. Prior experience working with research protocols. 3. Prior experience with program design and management. 4. Experience in statistical analysis and statistical software packages and/or experience in qualitative research and qualitative research software packages. 5. Graduate level training in public health, social work, research administration, or related fields. 6. Fluency in English and Spanish a plus.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU School of Medicine provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU School of Medicine is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online. If you wish to view NYU School of Medicine's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.
Please See Above
Internal Number: 61779585
About NYU Langone Health
NYU Langone Health, a world-class patient-centered integrated academic medical center, is one of the nation's premier centers for excellence in clinical care, biomedical research, and medical education. Located in the heart of Manhattan, NYU Langone is composed of four hospitals – Tisch Hospital, its flagship acute care facility; Rusk Rehabilitation; the Hospital for Joint Diseases, one of only five hospitals in the nation dedicated to orthopaedics and rheumatology; and Hassenfeld Children's Hospital, a comprehensive pediatric hospital supporting a full array of children's health services across the medical center – plus the NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. The medical center's tri-fold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved 365 days a year through the seamless integration of a culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education and research. For more information, go to www.nyulangone.org.