Position Summary: We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Lab Info Systems Coordinator.
In this role, the successful candidate Responsible for managing and maintaining all Laboratory Information System add-on modules including, but not limited to, Collection Manager, Requisition Based Reports, Lane T4 Fax, STS Testing Software, Call Back and all associated laser printers, label printers and scanners. Also responsible for maintaining all instrument and application interfaces.
1. Directly responsible for the Laboratory Information System Modules and their peripheral devices.
2. Develops the implementation plan for new instrument interfaces.
3. Assist the informaticist with data collection. Creates and schedules reports as requested.
4. Directs the modification of existing systems through change management controls, extensive testing and coordination of all systems and user groups, validation of changes to meet all regulatory requirements.
5. Directs the staff development within the department and the Clinician, Technologists, Users of the systems.
6. Responsible for upgrading own technical and managerial skills through formal classes, conferences, seminars.
7. Provides major clinical project management to the Laboratories in both IT and Lab system projects.
8. Responsible for providing cost effective approach to all assignments by working within Capital and Operating Budgets.
Minimum Qualifications: To qualify you must have a Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or a related field. Minimum of 4 years progressive experience managing a Multi-Hospital Medical Center Clinical Laboratory System. Demonstrated Laboratory Project Management incorporating IT and Lab knowledge, interfacing to Epic, ICIS, EDR, Logician, HL7, automated instruments and Quality Center testing.
Preferred Qualifications: Implementation and management in a Lab environment or a physician office.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Health provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online. If you wish to view NYU Langone Health's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.
Please See Above
Internal Number: 61634794
About NYU Langone Health
NYU Langone Health, a world-class patient-centered integrated academic medical center, is one of the nation's premier centers for excellence in clinical care, biomedical research, and medical education. Located in the heart of Manhattan, NYU Langone is composed of four hospitals – Tisch Hospital, its flagship acute care facility; Rusk Rehabilitation; the Hospital for Joint Diseases, one of only five hospitals in the nation dedicated to orthopaedics and rheumatology; and Hassenfeld Children's Hospital, a comprehensive pediatric hospital supporting a full array of children's health services across the medical center – plus the NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. The medical center's tri-fold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved 365 days a year through the seamless integration of a culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education and research. For more information, go to www.nyulangone.org.