The primary responsibility of this position is to manage daily operations of multiple residence halls/apartments, assist with the recruitment, selection, training and supervision of student staff members, serve as the main student conduct administrator for the hall, manage administrative tasks and procedures related to hall operations and participate in departmental and campus-wide programming activities and initiatives.
1. Support the mission and vision of Concordia College and demonstrate the competencies as defined for this position.
2. Manage daily operations of a residence hall and the college apartments/townhouses/EcoHouse – 30%
Assist with resident conflict resolution
Respond to emergency or crisis situations
Advise programs offered within the residence hall
Facilitate community development and involvement
3. Assist with the recruitment, selection, training, and supervision of student staff members – 30%
Solicit applications, review applications, interview, and select student staff
Provide initial and ongoing training for staff
Hold weekly staff meetings
Meet individually with student staff for the purpose of supervision, support, and information sharing
Provide on-going feedback
4. Serve as the main student conduct administrator for the hall or hall area – 15%
Train student staff to enforce college policies
Investigate reports of policy violations
Meet with students to administer the conduct code
Complete all appropriate paperwork and documentation
5. Manage administrative tasks and procedures related to hall operations – 10%
Complete maintenance work orders
Submit fire alarm reports
Administer room change protocol and submit appropriate
Assist with resident check-in and check-out during openings and closings as well as breaks.
6. Participate in, and provide leadership to, departmental and campus-wide programming activities and initiatives – 10%
7. On a rotational basis, serve as departmental on-call person – 5%
This is a 10-month, full-time position.
For more information and to apply, please visit https://hr.cord.edu. Concordia College is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Criminal background check required.
Minimum Qualifications: • Bachelor’s degree • Residence Life Experience
Preferred Qualifications: • Master’s Degree (or degree in progress) in Student Affairs, Higher Education Administration, or related field • Concordia College has ambitious goals for diversity and inclusion and seeks colleagues who can contribute to the success of an increasingly diverse student body and staff.
About Concordia College
Concordia College, Moorhead, Minn., is a liberal arts college of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America awarding Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Music degrees, as well as a Master of Education in World Language Instruction and a Master of Science in nutrition. The curriculum has more than 50 majors and 12 pre-professional programs offered in 20 academic departments and the Offutt School of Business.