The Director, Psychiatry is responsible for the overall administration, technical aspects, program planning, policies, evaluations as well as integration and implementation of clinical programs and activities for Chase Brexton Health Care. Additionally, s/he provides direct clinical care to patients, based upon his/her specialty training, through an interdisciplinary and collaborative approach that takes into consideration the psychosocial aspects of both health and disease. This position supervises the psychiatrists and psychiatric nurse practitioners.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Plans, organizes, directs, and controls the work activities of a divisional program.
· Formulates current and long-range programs, plans, and policies for the divisional program.
· Directs the revision of rules, regulations, and procedures to meet changes in law or policy.
· Directs the overall program of clinical activities.
· Effectively interviews , on-boards, and orients new providers
· Provide medical supervision and administrative direction to psychiatrist and psychiatric nurse practitioner
· Develop protocols and standardized procedures
· Conduct psychiatric evaluations
· Make diagnosis and prescribe medical and rehabilitative treatment
· Supervise and direct the medical aspects of treatments
· Prescribe medications
· Act as physician member of a multi-disciplinary patient care team
· Confer with staff and patients and their families regarding diagnosis and treatment
· Recommend hospitalization or other indicated service
· Make referrals to specialists as appropriate
· Provides clinic assessments and crisis interventions for psychiatric emergencies
· Assure that medical care meets quality assurance standards
· Input, access and analyze data using the EMR
· Assist in the preparation and monitoring of division’s budget
· Fosters a collaborative work environment
· Fosters an environment for self-direction and correction.
· Highlights learning, both formal and informal, that occurs.
· Balances focus on final results with focus on team, community, and collective effort.
· Participates in important organizational initiatives including but not limited to PCMH and Meaningful Use
· Knowledge of clinical operations including workflow and scheduling.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Expert knowledge of the interaction between commonly used HIV/AIDS medications and psychiatric medications
Excellent written and oral communication
Familiarity with HIV/AIDS issues
Ability to travel to CBHS county offices
Familiarity with LGBT issues
· Ability to work harmoniously with diverse groups of individuals required
· Using quality, operational, and financial data provided, provides clinical, operational, and financial oversight to the assigned site, in conjunction with the Director of Operations.
· Ability to work with a multidisciplinary leadership and clinical team
· Skill in interacting with various levels of health care leadership both within and outside of the organization.
· Computer skills including Microsoft office suite, electronic medical records and practice management system
· Excellent team building and employee development skills.
· Ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
· Ability for flexibility to meet with providers outside standard business hours as needed.
· LGBTQ candidates are highly desired.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
· Required: Board certified in psychiatry
· License to practice medicine in Maryland
· Required: At least four years of experience as a practicing psychiatrist.
· Preferred: At least five years in a similar leadership position
· Demonstrated effective leadership skills in facilitating and leading cross-functional teams.
Internal Number: 1866
About Chase Brexton Health Care
At Chase Brexton Health Care, we believe everyone deserves great health care...because everyone’s health matters. An FTCA deemed entity providing a range of clinical services from primary medical care and behavioral health services to dental and pharmacy, among others, Chase Brexton welcomes more than 30,000 patients annually. And, though we continue to grow in size, our patient-centered approach remains; we work diligently to provide personalized care to each of our patients. We believe in educating and empowering our patients to become active participants in their own care. Complete health care – that is completely about you.