Located in Nolensville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity â of culture, thinking, learning and leading â is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbiltâs mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Vanderbiltâs Primary Care & Walk-In Clinic in Nolensville joins a growing number of Vanderbilt Clinics open in Brentwood, Bellevue, Cool Springs, Franklin, Spring Hill, and Belle Meade. These clinics provide high quality health care services in a location convenient for many. A board-certified Vanderbilt physician and nurse practitioners are always on site, and no appointments are necessary. We offer advanced services such as EKG, lab and X-rays, with immediate results. The Vanderbilt Clinic saves patientsâ time and possibly a trip to the Emergency Room by taking care of common illnesses and minor injuries, including allergies, infections, sore throats and stomach bugs. Screening, testing and preventative services are also available include breathing treatments, drug screenings, pregnancy testing, TB skin testing, and vaccinations. Physicals needed for adoptions, camps, or sports, the Department of Transportation and pre-employment are also offered.
In your role as an Associate Patient Service Specialist, you will provide service to patients either pre-appointment, during or post appointment with regular guidance. Your responsibilities may include inbound/outbound telephone calls, cash management, appointment scheduling, process of insurance updates and patient check in/out.
Conducts patient check-in and check-out.
Schedules appointments through clinical communication or direct request.
Provides positive first impressions utilizing customer service skills.
Ensures point of service collections.
Manages reception area, maintains orderly appearance of reception area; ensures method for accountability of each patient check-in; proactively communicates appointment updates with patients.
The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
CUSTOMER SERVICE (NOVICE):- A continuing focus on the needs and requirements of customers, anticipating their needs, remaining sensitive to customers while performing services for them, responsive to customer needs.
PATIENT SCHEDULING (FUNDAMENTAL AWARENESS):- The ability to coordinate and schedule patient appointments, surgeries and other office visits with various computer systems in the hospital or clinic.
MEDICAL TERMINOLOGY & DOCUMENTATION (FUNDAMENTAL AWARENESS):- The ability to comprehend medical terminology and documentation in an office, or surgical setting.
PATIENT DOCUMENTATION (FUNDAMENTAL AWARENESS):- The ability to receive and record patient information.
Organizational Impact: Performs clearly defined tasks and methods described in detail to achieve standardized solutions that impact own performance with regular guidance.
Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Follows a well established process to solve routine problems where solutions are clearly prescribed.
Breadth of Knowledge: Has basic job knowledge of systems and procedures that are common to own job.
Team Interaction: Individually contributes to the team.
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (S1):
- Develops Self and Others: Continuously improves own skills by identifying development opportunities.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Seeks to understand colleagues priorities, working styles and develops relationships across areas.
- Communicates Effectively: Openly shares information with others and communicates in a clear and courteous manner.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (S1):
- Serves Others with Compassion: Invests time to understand the problems, needs of others and how to provide excellent service.
- Solves Complex Problems: Seeks to understand issues, solves routine problems, and raises proper concerns to supervisors in a timely manner.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Listens carefully to understand the issues and provides accurate information and support.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (S1):
- Performs Excellent Work: Checks work quality before delivery and asks relevant questions to meet quality standards Ensures continuous improvement.
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Shows eagerness to learn new knowledge, technologies, tools or systems and displays willingness to go above and beyond.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Demonstrates basic knowledge of conditions that affect safety and reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate person or department.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (S1):
- Demonstrates Accountability: Takes responsibility for completing assigned activities and thinks beyond standard approaches to provide high-quality work/service.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Displays understanding of how personal actions will impact departmental resources.
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Uses accurate information and good decision making to consistently achieve results on time and without error.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (S1):
- Generates New Ideas: Willingly proposes/accepts ideas or initiatives that will impact day-to-day operations by offering suggestions to enhance them.
- Applies Technology: Absorbs new technology quickly; understands when to utilize the appropriate tools and procedures to ensure proper course of action.
- Adapts to Change: Embraces change by keeping an open mind to changing plans and incorporates change instructions into own area of work.
Â· High School Diploma or GED
Â· > 1 year of relevant experience
Preferred: Previous clinic experience desired, but not required.
The clinic currently is open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday, 7:00AM-5:30PM with expanded hours coming soon! Your PRN role will help to ensure staff coverage during vacations, staff shortages, and periods of high patient volume.
Because weare committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, weare proud of our recent accomplishments:
Â·US News & World Report:#1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health CareProvider in Nashville, #1 Audiology (BillWilkerson Center), 12 adult and 10 pediatric clinical specialties ranked amongthe nation's best, #15 Education and Training
Â·Truven Health Analytics:among the top 50 cardiovascular hospitalsin the U.S.
Â·Becker's Hospital Review:one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals inAmerica"
Â·The Leapfrog Group:grade "A" in Hospital SafetyScore
Â·National Institutes of Health:among the top 10 grant awardees for medicalresearch in the US
Â·Magnet Recognition Program:Vanderbilt nurses are the only grouphonored in Middle Tennessee
Â·Nashville Business Journal:Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
Â·American Hospital Association:among the 100 "MostWired" medical systems in the US
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is a comprehensive health care facility dedicated to patient care, research, and biomedical education. Our reputation for excellence in these areas has made us a major center for patient referrals from throughout the Mid-South. Each year, people throughout Tennessee and the Southeast choose Vanderbilt University Medical Center for their health care because of our leadership in medical science and our dedication to treating patients with dignity and compassion.The mission of Vanderbilt University Medical Center is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.